DO THE FIVE
Help stop coronavirus
1. HANDS Wash them often
2. ELBOW Cough into it
3. FACE Don’t touch it
4. FEET Stay more than 3ft apart
5. FEEL sick? Stay home
March 24, 2020
My Dear People,
Due to the Coronavirus situation, stricter and stricter control measure to control the virus keep coming. The Mayor of Franklin has issued a Stay at Home Order. In order for us to do our part, we must cooperate with our officials.
Starting tomorrow, Wednesday, March 25th, our parish offices will be closed. Our staff members are equipped to work from home. All our staff can be reached best during this time via email. We are continuing to serve the needs of our parish family.
Our daily Masses will be streamed on Facebook Live Monday through Friday at 10:00AM in English and then available to view on YouTube by 11:00AM. Our Thursday evening Spanish Language Mass will be streamed on Facebook Live at 7:00PM. It will be available on YouTube at 8:00PM.
Sunday Masses will be live streamed at 10:00AM in English and at 1:00PM in Spanish. We have fixed the issues that we had with the streaming from last Sunday. We will stream Noon Adoration daily on Facebook Live. It will be available on YouTube at 1:00PM.
The Church will no longer be open for prayer or Adoration during this Stay at Home Order. I encourage you to use the resources provided to you by our Religious Education Team (Click Here) and those on our website, including Formed.org, to keep yourself and your family members in prayer especially during this time.
Our prayers are with you. Please pray for all those who are sick and for those who have lost someone to this virus. Please keep those who are struggling because their work has been eliminated due to this crisis in your prayers, too. Please keep yourself and others safe by doing what is asked by the officials.
God bless you,
Fr. Bala and Fr. Nick
March 17, 2020
My Dear Brothers & Sisters,
These last few days have seen many changes. Just yesterday we let you know about the precautions set into place at St. Philip. Today I received an email from Bishop Spalding with more information and changes resulting from the battle against coronavirus. His letter is attached. It contains in summary:
- Effective immediately all public Mass celebrations, tonight’s St. Philip Lenten Penance Service and all gatherings in the Diocese of Nashville are cancelled up to and including Friday, April 3. The Diocese will continue to monitor the situation and may extend this timeframe if necessary.
- All Catholics in Middle Tennessee have been granted dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass during this time.
- Since we have an ongoing obligation to honor the sabbath day, Bishop is asking all the faithful to refrain from unnecessary work on Sundays and to offer prayers such as the Holy Rosary, reading the readings from Sunday Mass, and/or praying the Stations of the Cross at home. He also encourages the faithful to take advantage of opportunities to watch celebrations of Mass online.
- Weddings, funerals, and baptisms may proceed, but families are asked to limit attendance to immediate family only or to consider the possibility of delaying these events.
- In spiritual union with other dioceses throughout the world, all are encouraged to join Bishop Spalding in a day of fasting, abstinence, and prayer to take place tomorrow, Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
During this time ‘Social Distancing’ does not mean distancing yourself from your faith. Please continue to pray daily wherever you are.
Come spend time with Jesus.
Live streams of our Masses are available on Sundays at 10am (in English) & 1pm (in Spanish), Monday-Friday at 10am (in English) and Thursday at 7pm (in Spanish). Click here.
If you desire special intentions be prayed, during this time please email the Parish Office: moc.nilknarFpilihPtS@eciffO with your intention. You may also text me at (615) 870-2171. Intentions will be placed on the altar during Adoration.
And lastly, but most importantly, each one of you is important to Father Nick and me. We are available to you. Should you need to contact us please text me at (615) 870-2171 or email Father Nick at moc.nilknarFplilihPtS@kciNrF. We plan to send weekly updates on Friday to keep you connected to the parish.
I continue to pray for all of you.
Letter to the Faithful from Bishop Spalding (in English & en español)